This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing other OpenCPN versions
What you're asking is not possible and I don't think you're approaching it the right way either.

As you say Ubuntu has improved a lot making things easier for the user. I agree with you on that. But it hasn't done it by going backwards in its versions but rather by evolving in new versions. If you were to install an old version of Ubuntu you would complain about how difficult it is to use while the current versions have made everything easier.

The same goes for OpenPlotter. It has evolved to make everything easier. And it really has. It used to be a 1,000 piece puzzle that if you were lucky -as in your case- perfect, but if not... it was very annoying to make work. Now the modular system makes everything easier and allows you to change its configuration creating less problems.

You talk about going back to openpotter 1.0 but you don't take into account that it is based on an outdated version of the system and that in fact it doesn't even work on Rpi4.

The best way is to evolve and believe me, it doesn't cost so much effort or energy. The same opencpn has evolved twice already from 4.8 to 5.0 and recently to 5.2 and the changes have been worth it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by monos1 - 2020-08-04, 08:59 AM
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by paul42 - 2020-09-14, 06:55 PM
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by paul42 - 2020-09-16, 11:51 PM