This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output??
(2020-07-01, 08:47 PM)tafische Wrote: So I am building my system and want to add a depth sounder.  The Garmin Striker looks like a good option given the price (around $120 USD).  There is conflicting information that the external output is proprietary Garmin and others say it is high speed NMEA.

I have an interface for my system that can accept RS422 at either 4800 or 38400....so I should be able to connect.

I am wondering if anyone has used the Striker output and if it will send DPT or DBT??  I have searched high and low and Garmin sure doesn't say much.

I have an sonar Garmin 400C and I could send deep measures to my old 76CS. 
Here you´ll find some protocols and baud rates related to therese protocols.
I´m not an expertise in this area only a consumer.
Last week my daughter bought me a Striker 4 CV and I'm disappointed that I can't transfer the bottom line data to my computer where I have maps of the dams I usually fish. The link I'm sending may give us some clues so we can find a way to transfer Striker data so we can share it with other users and improve navigation safety.

https://www.manua.ls/garmin/gpsmap-76cs/manual?p=68