This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter as Access Point for Navonics on Android Device
Question 
How do you use OpenPlotter as an access point for apps on Apple and Android devices like Navonics?  Ideally, I'd like to use OP as my internet source, GPS position, depth, AIS, etc via WiFi.
You are on the right track. Openplotter is very capable of providing these services.

You want to read up on the documentation located at:
https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...k_app.html
I got the internet part working. Is there a way to get the GPS and other data into Navonics, or other apps on Android and Apple devices?
Having just done the same exercise this might help.  Once you have all the data available in SignalK and the AP set up on the pi, log onto the pi's access point on your portable device.  Then in the Navionics app, open Menu, look for paired devices then click on the + symbol.  You can then enter a connection name, the TCP address and port of the Signal K server output and then save.  The Navionics app will then pick up this output and display it using the NMEA brodcast GPS and AIS (if available) data.
Great. Thanks. That doesn't seem too hard. I'll give it a try this afternoon.
(2020-07-06, 08:22 PM)jamieFL Wrote: I got the internet part working. Is there a way to get the GPS and other data into Navonics, or other apps on Android and Apple devices?

Hello,,
    Of course! Make sure the location settings on your Android or Apple device are enabled before integrating GPS and other data into Navionics or other apps. Next, launch the navigation app and provide it access to GPS so that data synchronization and precise location may be achieved. Heart
top follow
top follow
Navionics is limited on what it will display. It will take depth and AIS (I didn't know it would use the GPS) but things like wind info won't be displayed, unfortunately. It's still very useful.
(2023-11-10, 03:57 PM)Alexia Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 08:22 PM)jamieFL Wrote: I got the internet part working. Is there a way to get the GPS and other data into Navonics, or other apps on Android and Apple devices?

Hello,,
    Of course! Make sure the location settings on your Android or Apple device are enabled before integrating GPS and other data into Navionics or other apps. Next, launch the navigation app and provide it access to GPS so that data synchronization and precise location may be achieved. Heart
gold whatsapp

Hey Alexia,
First of all thank you for the guide and idea. I was trying to follow your guide also I searched on internet for more details. But I want to know that how to get GPX file for location sharing.