This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gps difficulties
I got my new gps today (a BU-353S4) and I plugged it in and set it up, and the gps was being used by signalk, however only the time showed up. There was no location data at all. This was the same case when running cgps -s and gpsmon. I left the gps plugged in for quite awhile. I then plugged the new gps into my laptop and after a couple seconds it started working just fine. I then plugged it back into the raspberry pi and it was magically working. This is the same behavior I saw with the ublox gps. So it seems that the gps is not the issue and something is wrong with the raspberry pi/openplotter that is causing this.
Was the gps in the same physical location both times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2020-07-16, 07:31 PM)tkurki Wrote: Was the gps in the same physical location both times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the gps was in the same location.  I even tried to move it and have it directly outside but it did not make a difference with the pi. As soon as I connected it to the laptop it started to work.
Finally figured it out, seems like it was a combination of needing to plug it into the usb2 port and disabling serial echoing with stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 -echo
thanks for reporting