This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gps difficulties
after some reboots on a fresh install my gps will stop working. It's a rp4 with openplotter 2 with vk 162/ublox 7 gps. Signalk says device or resource busy. I dont see anything else using it though.  I have never had this problem before until a couple days ago.  It seems when I do the following commands it will start working again (sometimes right after, sometimes it needs rebooted and it will continue to work after some reboots) 
Sudo killall gpsd
Sudo killall -9 gpsd
Sudo rm /run/gpsd.sock
Gpsd /dev/ttyACM0

Sincr a couple days ago I've done multiple clean installs and tried a different pi. Any ideas why this is happening/how to fix it?
(2020-07-07, 03:09 AM)Cheezeitz51 Wrote: after some reboots on a fresh install my gps will stop working. It's a rp4 with openplotter 2 with vk 162/ublox 7 gps. Signalk says device or resource busy. I dont see anything else using it though.  I have never had this problem before until a couple days ago.  It seems when I do the following commands it will start working again (sometimes right after, sometimes it needs rebooted and it will continue to work after some reboots) 
Sudo killall gpsd
Sudo killall -9 gpsd
Sudo rm /run/gpsd.sock
Gpsd /dev/ttyACM0

Sincr a couple days ago I've done multiple clean installs and tried a different pi. Any ideas why this is happening/how to fix it?

sorry for the double post
So it starts working after gpsd restart, but Signal K reports resource busy. Sounds like you have the device configured both as a serial device and as a gpsd connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2020-07-07, 08:23 PM)tkurki Wrote: So it starts working after gpsd restart, but Signal K reports resource busy. Sounds like you have the device configured both as a serial device and as a gpsd connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only configured as a serial device as far as I can tell

Attached Files Image(s)

If the serial device is configured in Signal K why are you using gpsd?

Next time SK reports resource busy you can see what process has the port open with

sudo lsof | grep ttyACM0
(2020-07-08, 09:02 PM)tkurki Wrote: If the serial device is configured in Signal K why are you using gpsd?

Next time SK reports resource busy you can see what process has the port open with

sudo lsof | grep ttyACM0

I don't know, I guess I'm not using it and got confused.  It was being used by node, which I killed and then it was being used by pypilot.  Which I kill but then it comes back