This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN 5.2 Released
(2020-08-08, 07:22 PM)Sailoog Wrote: back to the original topic

openplotter-opencpn-installer app has been already updated to manage the new plugin management system and we have set the signal k connection as the default connection in opencpn. Users still using the NMEA 0183 connection in TCP localhost 10110 will get tips to change to the new connection and warnings if both connections are enabled, new users will be pointed to the SK connection too.

Hi!
I find the openCPN SignalK connection has a checkbox to (I believe) verify the network connection. Leaving this box checked replaces my "localhost" and /or my "127.0.0.1" server address with what at that moment is my Pi's public IP address- which then causes errors.

I also see that the GPS, when set to SignalK, gives very strange values? It cycles through  'normal' values and this:    

I find it strange as the GPS does not yet have a fix, but it still reports a location. Is this a SignalK or an OpenCPN bug?
I thought it was only me that was getting this! I've been getting values like that flashing up every so often. I'm also getting my heading display of my boat flipping 30 degrees, then 60 degrees, then back. This is after I used the SignalK filter to narrow down to a single HDM source. In my case GPS is displaying a fix.

The other thing I'm seeing is magneticVariation flipping between 0 and 4 radians.
I see my compass reading go from 0-360 to 999
Guess OpenCPN is not yet completely ready for SignalK- I'll leave my UDP connection enabled for the time being...
If we are sure that signal k is working well, this should be reported to opencpn developers