This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN Pypilot plugin 5.2 issue
(2020-07-24, 01:28 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: 20220 is used by pypilot for both incoming and outgoing nmea0183.   10110 is used by signalk etc.. it is not used by pypilot at all.

The plugin is supposed to forward nmea, but I didn't actually make this work until the latest version so, better disable this feature and make the connection manually in opencpn to be sure what it is doing.

Thanks, there are values coming in from the IMU heel/pitch and magnetic heading.
These also come frome signalk.
Is it wise to filter the APHDM and APXDR from 20220 connection, or the HDM and XDR from the 10110 connection?
I presume that pypilot gets the data quicker, because the serial connection is first configured in pypilot, after this it only comes to signalk.
My feeling is that I'll filter it from 10110.
it probably comes from 20220, take a look at the debugger output to see how much difference.
yeah, the recent transition to new version of OpenCPN did not go too well for me.
Pypilot does not even come up along with WatchDog plugin.

However AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill" MP3 is fired off randomly/multiple copies/windows until CPN app is closed.

I used the MP3 for one of the alarm conditions.

Thats all I can add and have subsequently removed OpenCPN and will try a clean install versus the upgrade.
I'm going to play with opencpn 5.2 in the next few weeks, I haven't had much time even though 5.2 adds my code to extrapolate ais targets.
When I fix my magnetic compass calibration, I'll keep testing it on the water Wink provide me with any testcase you need, if you need logs or anything just let me know. Thanks for all your effort! Hope to tell more tomorrow.
sorry friends, can you help me? I have got an Raspberry pi-4 and upgraded to Opencpn5.2 and had exactly the problem described in this thread, I too tried the solution mentioned here to make the plugin from github, however there I failed, obviously my system is lacking pre-requisites:
"Could not find OpenGL"
"could not find wxwidgets"
Can anybody with a kind soul help me to get this stuff from somewhere? I am desperate to get this plugin installed and running, as I do not want to go back to OpenCPN 5.0 (how??) - (I think you gather that I am not a raspberyy pi expert ....)
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards, Uwe
I've done some research and I think the problem is that the packages are present on your system, but cmake cannot find them somehow.

See posts: https://github.com/rhiestan/Regard3D/issues/17 and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4673...n-raspbian

They both mention that you somehow have to tell cmake the location of them, but, I've never had to do this so maybe Sean can shed some light into this.
On reverting to an older version of OpenCPN, I guess you'd first have to remove the current OpenCPN (and dependencies? not sure) and then re-install them from GIT. Removing can be done I guess by using the Openplotter settings, so not with the terminal. Then, I guess you need to install the older version manually as the current GUI does not allow for a revert.

I've found this article on manually installing OpenCPN: http://andersonsabroad.com/blog/raspberr...-software/

Before continuing, I recommend doing a backup of your SD so you can restore easily, as I cannot guarantee this will work for sure:

The older release is here: https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/releases/tag/v5.0.0
I see the source code is in below that as an attachment, after removing the old version I think you can unzip the older release archive and install from there (with the same instructions as normal)

- Download the file from older release: wget https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/archive/v5.0.0.zip
- Unzip
- Go to the unzipped folder, cd /home/pi/*unzipped folder*
- mkdir build
- cd build
- cmake ..
- make
- sudo make install
- Maybe a reboot: sudo reboot

After this, I think you need to reinstall all OpenCPN plugins.

Good luck!
(2020-08-09, 04:44 PM)hur450502 Wrote: sorry friends, can you help me? I have got an Raspberry pi-4 and upgraded to Opencpn5.2 and had exactly the problem described in this thread, I too tried the solution mentioned here to make the plugin from github, however there I failed, obviously my system is lacking pre-requisites:
"Could not find OpenGL"
"could not find wxwidgets"
Can anybody with a kind soul help me to get this stuff from somewhere? I am desperate to get this plugin installed and running, as I do not want to go back to OpenCPN 5.0 (how??) - (I think you gather that I am not a raspberyy pi expert ....)
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards, Uwe

Did you execute this install first?

sudo apt install libwxbase3.0-dev libbz2-dev wx-common libwxgtk3.0-dev
Dear all,

thanks a lot for your replies. I followed "rastam4n"s advice and ran the installation of the widgets, and now everything went fine, until now I am probably in the problem describe in "jamos.tan@gmail.com"s comment. So, I think I need to read a bit more .... :-)
Anyway, thank you very much for your help,

best regards, Uwe
Dear all,

yes, it works..... the main problem was to first follow "rastam4n"s advice and : sudo apt install libwxbase3.0-dev libbz2-dev wx-common libwxgtk3.0-dev .
After this I still got an error with some function gettext, so: sudo apt-get install gettext finally solved this.

Now I am on version 0.10 looks a bit antique but it works. Now will wait for the "official version"

Again many thanks guys, I was about giving up - but you see finally .... Thanks again you are great!!! (and Sean of course is the master ...)

All the best, Uwe