This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started with pypilot need help
Hi all.  About a year ago I got all the stuff I needed to setup opencpn and pypilot.  I had some issues and I am finally back to working on this.  I have installed the mpu 9255 on the pi but how do I get open plotter to see it and I can calibrate it.  I watched Sean’s video but I’m not very familiar with the pi and he went very fast. Are there written instructions anywhere?  Or a slower more in depth video?

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks all
Hello tobyyost,

For OpenPlotter to detect your IMU9255, you don't have to do anything, it must be automatically. To check, open the Pypilot tab and look at the line 'imu detected: InvenSense MPU9250 / MPU 9255'.
If this line does not appear, type in console: 'i2cdetect -y 1' to know if you Imu is recognized and has an address (in principle: 0x68)
cordially
I needed to update to all the latest versions and I have made much better progress now. Thanks!