This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signalk server problem
Hi
I am running Linuxmint 20 on a celeron N4100 prossesor.
I am running a signalk server and opencpn. If network stream (tcp) from B&G system is stopped and restarted the Signalk server has to be restarted to get any data.  If opencpn is connected direct to the B&G ip adress not using signalk the data restarts by it self once the network stream from B&G is restarted.
How can I get signalk to auto restart the server once data is back?

Second problem, randomly the signalk data sent to Opencpn starts to loose AIS data for class A transponders, getting yellow and losing name only way to get all class A data back is restart of server. If opencpn connects to B&G Ip direct this doesnt happens and all AIS data is there. It is only class A targets class B still all info and green.
Any one else have this problem?

Regards
Johan
The tcp client has an automatic reconnect, but if b&g’s tcp connection is not closed properly sk will wait for tcp connection to timeout, that is probably very long. You can try changing that.

Afaik O has an idle timeout that will reconnect if there is no data. I think SK server should add the same feature.

For the disappearing A targets I have no idea. I suggest you log your incoming data by enabling logging for that connection and check if the data is there. If the data is there we can play back the data and try to reproduce the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI
Thanks for your explanation. 
I really think that SK should adapt the idle timeout as O. During last beta for O it was a problem with reconnect of gps and they saw it as an important bug......
Until changed I will take my connection in to O and output to SK, not ideal but for me it feels safer. 

How would you advise to use SK. I have a 62 feet catamaran with three navstations and a few handheld devises. Would you run one server and have all other connect to that or should all devices run their own server and the servers connect to the boat network?
Data wise which of this solutions are most efficient?

Thanks

Johan
(2020-07-22, 02:56 PM)Jlsail Wrote: I really think that SK should adapt the idle timeout as O.

I agree. https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...ssues/1082

(2020-07-22, 02:56 PM)Jlsail Wrote: How would you advise to use SK. I have a 62 feet catamaran with three navstations and a few handheld devises. Would you run one server and have all other connect to that or should all devices run their own server and the servers connect to the boat network?

Unless you have a specific reason for running several servers I would start with one. Is there something specific you are thinking about?