This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Server v1.32.0 Released
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...ag/v1.32.0

The notable additions are 
- Seatalk 1 connection via Raspberry GPIO: https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...k(GPIO).md
- Can NAME as Signal K source (instead of pgn src, that often change over time)
- guard against misbehaving plugins crashing the server repeatedly
Good work, thanks.
Great... As usual painless upgrade.
Thx!
Seatalk works!! Though there's a port conflict between pigpiod and chronograf which both want 8888.
Been trying to use this for hours..  When running signalk-server from bin directory:

Code:
internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638
   throw err;
   ^

Error: Cannot find module '../lib'
   at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:636:15)
   at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:25)
   at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:692:17)
   at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/signalk-server-node-1.32.0/bin/signalk-server:19:16)
   at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
   at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
   at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
   at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)

I tried npm install, but my internet connection is not stable enough to complete this, and when it fails it corrupts the last download so I have to clear the cache and start over, and it doesn't ever succeed.   I have been trying all day.

Any suggestions?
(2020-07-26, 11:53 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Been trying to use this for hours..  When running signalk-server from bin directory:

Code:
internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638
   throw err;
   ^

Error: Cannot find module '../lib'
   at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:636:15)
   at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:25)
   at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:692:17)
   at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/signalk-server-node-1.32.0/bin/signalk-server:19:16)
   at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
   at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
   at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
   at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)

I tried npm install, but my internet connection is not stable enough to complete this, and when it fails it corrupts the last download so I have to clear the cache and start over, and it doesn't ever succeed.   I have been trying all day.

Any suggestions?

The error looks like you are running off a git clone and the project has not been built. You need to run
Code:
npm install
npm run build

so that boils back down to getting npm install to run.

You can try https://www.npmjs.com/package/npm-offline - running npm install several times with it in use should build up a local cache and the install should succeed eventually. I haven't used it, so no idea how well it works. And installing npm-offline naturally needs also npm install to succeed...
Good Morning Tkurki,

version 1.32 works very well on my 64RaspiOS with the OpenPlotter adds-on. But I'am now trying the latest Ubuntu 64 bits Focal version for the RPI. Just released.

It is now running with the SignalK server and OpenCPN 5.2.

After entering a password and user. Now also the restart button appears. But to do a restart does not work. Then the server hangs.

With the Ubuntu I have to the start the SignalK server manually with: sudo signalk-server setup. Now in de startup file of Ubuntu.

The MXTommy Kip applicatiuon is also missing some items and does not install.

The OpenPlotter Settings are also not (yet) working.

Regards,

Bram
The Restarts button actually just stops the Signal K server. In a standard installation systemd will then restart it.

My guess would be that the systemd setup is missing from your installation or not working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2020-08-05, 08:13 PM)tkurki Wrote: The Restarts button actually just stops the Signal K server. In a standard installation systemd will then restart it.

My guess would be that the systemd setup is missing from your installation or not working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. At first after the installation, there was no login and no restart. After filling in the user and password then the login and restart appeared.

If I choose restart the SignalK server is indeed switched off and the restart circle stays turning. Cannot find the next step ?

I can then restart the SignalK in the terminal.

I think there must be a command in SignalK to restart the SignalK server after the switching off.  Via Systemd ? The start of the SignalK server is done by sudo signalk-server setup.

Has this to be done in in Systemd ?

It is not really a problem. But where is the missing link ?

The Ubuntu 64 Focal version for the RPI is just released.

Bram
Maybe this will help https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-as-daemon .....

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/