This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Server v1.32.0 Released
(2020-08-15, 08:00 AM)MatsA Wrote:  
Another way is to use a Raspberry Pi Zero for the ST1 part to separate it from the SK server. Raspbian lite and and an install from the link below. Please note that the Python program isn't updated. 

On the other hand the price tag is close to a commercial, bidirectional,  ST 1  => USB gadget. 

https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2020/0...r-diy.html

The truth is, MatsA, I have several Rpi. An Rpi2 and an Rpi3B+ and a couple of Rpi1. I also have a Yakbiz Seatalk to NMEA0183 converter on board.

Actually all these experiments with Seatalk and Signal K are more for experimenting, trying to simplify the setups and for me and the hacking point of view on these matters. Like making it also work on OP64 as a plus.
(2020-08-16, 11:05 AM)monos1 Wrote: Actually all these experiments with Seatalk and Signal K are more for experimenting, trying to simplify the setups and for me and the hacking point of view on these matters......

Ok, understand, then we have a similar approach......

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
Depth is now working OK.  Smile
(2020-08-10, 11:58 AM)?monos1 Wrote: I'm especially interested in checking the second circuit as it incorporates the resistance - although of a value of 10k, I don't know if it will work as it is - and the third connector for 3.3V+:

[Image: HTB1nN64MVXXXXbQXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg]

(2020-08-12, 01:26 PM)monos1 Wrote: As MatsA commented, the input resistance is not sufficient and saturates the optocoupler emitter. I have to put a resistor in the Seatalk input to use the circuit I like. I used a 10k resistor. For the other circuit it is not necessary but the resistance at the output is not built in.

I like this board too. Did you add the 10k resistor to the seatalk side in series with the existing 470 resistor? Do you think replacing the 470 by the 10K in the board should work too?
I am not sure if the resistance at the input of the optocoupler is only for the indicator LED or also for the optocoupler itself. In either case I used a 10k resistor but I also tested it with a 4k7 resistor.

I discovered it by chance when I was handling the cables and a false contact allowed me to see seatalk data for a moment.Then I thought the optocoupler input was saturated.   

Now it is not easy for me to look because I made the assembly in black box mode and placed it behind the bulkhead of the electronics and connections.

In any case this circuit is not only more solid than the other with the set of 4 optocouplers. Also its connectors are better and easier to use. And since the other circuit also has to add the resistance to the output I got this one I like best.

Edit to ADD:

I found the photo of the circuit below and so it seems that the LED diode is in series with the + and the resistance in series with ground.

[Image: HTB1nGzIMVXXXXaiaXXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg]

So it seems that if you can replace the resistance directly even if I mount it like this:
[Image: f3Q0bax.png]
(2020-09-14, 07:19 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Do you think replacing the 470 by the 10K in the board should work too?

Yes it will work, and its a smart solution so You don't get any "external" components.

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
A new openplotter app to help with seatalk 1: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3029
I also have the high CPU usage problem, although the 
Code:
 time.sleep(0.01)
fix was already applied in my case, looking at pigpio.seatalk.js

I am using the GPIO app in Openplotter, made a connection using gpio6. Then, then the app created a connection in SignalK.
After rebooting the high CPU usage came. When looking with htop I get:

[Image: 2021-02-14-10-27-22.png]

Strange thing is, I configured gpio6 in the app, but gpio4 is mentioned in the code above. Not sure what that means, looking at the code I can see if no gpio is set, gpio4 will be used as a default. Also worth mentioning is, I have no physical devices connected yet so there is no data stream. Only configured the software. 

For the time being I've disabled 1w, and removed the connections from the gpio app and signalk.
Now my CPU has returned to normal.

I though the time.sleep would fix the problem, but seeing this was already part of my code it apparently does not in my case.
Hope someone can help me.