This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi+OpenPlotter+UbuntuMate15.10
To inform you about the progress in developing OpenPlotter running in Pi Ubuntu Mate 15.10 for Rspberry:

A few months ago I was running Ubuntu Mate 14 with openplotter. Then I was just waiting for the updates from Opencpn and plugins and also for the new openplotter version 6 to start working in the new Ubuntu 15.10. Now, and just after a few days working from //github.com/sailoog/openplotter/wiki, this are my first problems and conclusions:

- My pi2 runs nicely with Ubuntu 15.10 (better than old Ubuntu version). Able tu work on the openplotter, listening music via bluetooth speakers, openoffice, Firefox, etc. Idea is run a few more programs from Navigatrix...

- Lunching openplotter 5 was without problems but version 6, after following github, I was unable to run. I was forced to deselect this line from "check_sensors.py"  and set the line with #   ....:   # from w1thermsensor import W1ThermSensor ...Also to install some xtras dependencies.
if # this line I can run version 6.
- When running openplotter (version 6 or 5), I am forced to manually reset any tic on I2C sensors ( as heading, Heel, press or temp tics ) to get openplotter start working with sensors and see those parametres in "Inspector" window. may be something wrong on the startup.py file?
- Then opencpn is working fine and I can see boat turning and Mag HDG on the Dashboard (and gps info), but unable to see Barometric pressure or Air Temp...
To say i am running with DOF10 sensor...

So, all looks like working, but with those problems as I am forced to reset something in i2c sensors  inside openplotter 6.

Any help?

Next will be to test Ais and rest of sensors I am asking from Sailog...

many thanks
Great!

I'm afraid that a lot of work is being done in v0.8.0 development and you will find more new dependencies and new challenges porting openplotter to another system but is not impossible. Github OpenPlotter wiki is now really obsolete because it was an extra work that I couldn't manage.

To fix the error that you reported you should install a new package:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-w1thermsensor

Post here what errors you find and I will try to help.
Unable to find python-w1thermsensor package...I´ll keep trying.

jeje many thanks ; version 8...great job from you, keeping us busy all the time...
So try this:

sudo pip install w1thermsensor
yes, I did...thanks.
Now the only problem is t know why the i2c sensors are not running until I set o inside openplotter...
thanks