This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
..set up, a double depth and speed transducer in combination with Garmin GM10
On the classic 8 mR sailboat I race on we like to setup 2 combinedĀ transducers for depth and speed. on either side of the hull one. but the Garmin GM10 cannot work with 2 same signals, I am told. Can I put the SignalK server in the middle and then solve this by renaming them although everything is open the same nmea2000 bus?

i am new to this but very motivated since I see the full potential of this system, and like to help friends make the transition too

kind regards

Michiel
How do you want the signals to show? Like if the two sensors send different values do you want the display to just flicker between latest values from them?
(2020-08-12, 03:35 PM)tkurki Wrote: How do you want the signals to show? Like if the two sensors send different values do you want the display to just flicker between latest values from them?

I would prefer them as separate items left depth and right depth and left speed and right speed since on a classic boat the one pointing down on one tack is accurate the one pointing up is not. but standard Garmin GM10 can't work with this so hopefully by putting a singal k server in between it is possible or we loose the Garmin all together and use an other visualisation