This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
influxdb and grafana are not running
Hello all, this is my first post and I probably have a newbie question.

I´m using the moitessier hat on a raspberry pi 4 and so far it has been a smooth ride getting everything to work, however i´m stuck on getting influxdb and grafana to work.

I´ve installed influxdb and grafana through the dashboard and i also have the signalk/to/influxdb running. However the check system states:

influxdb is not running
Kapacitor is not running
Grafana is not running

And indeed its impossible to reach influxdb/grafana in every way i've tried.

What do I need to do in order to get them running? A little help or some pointers will be much appreciated.
what does the "processes" tab in openplotter-dashborads app say?
(2020-08-12, 09:28 AM)Sailoog Wrote: what does the "processes" tab in openplotter-dashborads app say?

I'm not sure what you mean, the "apps" tab indicated that influxdb/chronograf/kapacitor/Grafana are installed, the "</>" tab is empty. settings and show do not work, edit brings me to the signal-k to influxdb.

Now that I've updated the dashboard to 2.2.0 I see the processes tab:

influxdb inactive dead
grafana inactive dead
kapacitor inactive dead

I cannot start or restart them
Open a terminal and type

Code:
openplotter-dashboards

then try to restart the processes and paste here any error you get in the terminal
(2020-08-12, 12:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Open a terminal and type

Code:
openplotter-dashboards

then try to restart the processes and paste here any error you get in the terminal

the errors in the terminal:

Failed to restart influxdb.service: Unit influxdb.service not found.
Failed to restart grafana-server.service: Unit grafana-server.service not found.
Failed to restart kapacitor.service: Unit kapacitor.service not found.

I uninstalled and installed them and now they are active and running.

Problem solved... thank you very much for the assistance!
Hello,

I have the same problem. But i did try do deinstall and install again. But when iam was installing i say there where files missing.

PLease can you help me?

Kind regards

renze

Attached Files Image(s)

Update all packages from a terminal:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

Uninstall everything from "Apps" tab and install again.
Thanks for helping Sailoog,

I did all the steps, see pictures.

update and upgrade pic 1
uninstall grafana and influxdb/chronograf/kapacitor pic3

by the dashboards 2.2.3 apps tab

Install them but i got direct a notice that E: Unable to locate package kapacitor pic 2

see influx install memo
i do have internet on the raspbery

by app tabblad he is saying i do have influx installed but on the process tabblad he is dead and wont start.

Can i download somewhere the files or something?

Kind regards

renze

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   influx_install_memo.txt (Size: 9.78 KB / Downloads: 69)