This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] vector charts (ENC) not displaying
Hello i'm new here, this will be my second post Smile

The vector charts provided by the dutch inland waterways (Netherlands Inland ENC) are not displayed on the raspberry pi operating system while they are displaying nicely on a windows machine.

Opencpn 5.0.0 is installed on the pi and opencpn 5.0.0+9065270 on windows. I have created chart groups, and the one for the vector charts states that its empty on the Pi. I installed them using the chart downloader and also pressed Prepare all ENC charts from the chart files dialog. I have the feeling that the preparation is not working, and i'm missing a lot of .000 files in the local chart folder of the Pi in comparison with the windows machine.

I'm using the openplotter noobs distro on a raspberry Pi 4.

How can I solve this?
This is not an openplotter bug so I will mark it as "closed" for our bug tracking purposes but you can keep posting here if you need. I would recommend you to report this to opencpn developers but I am quite sure this is a settings issue an not an opencpn bug.

Try to remove groups and try again.
Put a link to the charts here so we can try them.
I've installed the charts with the chart downloader using the predefined catalog -> ChartCatalogs > Netherlands Inland ENC Charts

Resulting in url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/chartc...atalog.xml and dir: /home/pi/Charts/ENC/NL_INLAND

The files in the folder are: 5 downloadfileresource files, a chartdldr_pi.dat, and a NL_IENC_Catalog.xml file.