This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initiative - share your gains settings
I want to start an initiative for Pypilot users to share the gain settings they have, that works best for them. For everyone it is different, depending on various factors.

I thought it might be a good idea to have some sort of reference for new or existing users, and maybe could add to Pypilot's Wiki, or Pypilots development in general.

I am thinking in the direction of sharing configuration data, so it will be easier to set your gain configuration based on thinks like your boat and autopilot type. When enough data has been collected, maybe it could be a good idea to add to pypilot a few standard configurations, so gains are automatically set.

So, I would like to post my settings that might be relevant, in the hope that others will follow.

Configuration:

Ship: Steel sailboat
Weight: 10 tons
Motor controller amps: 20
Autopilot type: Autohelm ST4000 tiller
Test conditions: calm water, short waves on lake, wind 3bft, motoring
Gains setting in OpenCPN pypilot plugin: D:0.06500 I:0.00650 P:0.00210

Test result following route:

[Image: 2020-08-12-12-31-40-Aye-Aye-Systems-2-op...Viewer.png]