This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What response times I should expect
(2020-08-27, 03:42 PM)paulg Wrote: Hello all - I'm another newbie with the same problem.
RPi 4B, 4GB, Moitessier HAT.
Pan and zoom painfully slow with oeSENC vector charts.
I've set the GPU memory to 512, which, as the OP said, helped a bit.
I've turned on Open GL in the openCPN settings, but not sure if I also need to turn it on in the PI settings.
If I do, maybe someone could let me know how to do it.
I'm wondering about the dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d setting. Is this not for 3D graphics?
All help gratefully received...

I am in exactly the same position with the same setup and GPU settings. And I have turned on OpenGL in the RPI. It would be an enormous help to not-especially-technically-minded enthusiasts like me to understand exactly how to configure all of this to achieve acceptably fast/smooth scrolling and panning. Surely the RPi4B/4GB is capable of more than 5-6 seconds of response time to respond to a single change in zoom level on a chart? If the answer is in OpenCPN, would someone be willing to share their settings?

Messages In This Thread
What response times I should expect - by DeeB - 2020-08-13, 02:41 PM
RE: What response times I should expect - by DeeB - 2020-08-13, 04:13 PM
RE: What response times I should expect - by DeeB - 2020-08-13, 05:41 PM
RE: What response times I should expect - by ohnitsky - 2020-09-23, 12:54 AM
RE: What response times I should expect - by DeeB - 2020-08-27, 04:39 PM
RE: What response times I should expect - by DeeB - 2020-09-25, 04:09 PM