This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to safely shut down the TinyPilot, Rudder feedback, and compass calibration
the age resets yes. Did you hold the sensors on each side? It looks like it worked for the accels and you have bias of 0.2 so you definitely needed to calibrate them. Some mpu9255 are factory calibrated but not all, and some have such large biases that they saturate in the +- 2g range, so either a lower range is needed or better to use a different sensor (I throw away ones with more than 0.3 bias) so yours are ok, but you needed to calibrate them.

It may be your compass sensors are bad or there is interference. It is difficult to say without the plot. Your biases are still all zero so it didn't calibrate. The plot is portable python but I have only run this under linux maybe it can run on windows. I do not use the windows operating system since windows 98 back in 1999.

The new tinypilot image has improved calibration and it may succeed, however, the opencpn pypilot plugin needs to be recompiled. I suggest you try with openplotter so you can use the calibration plot.
(2020-08-26, 01:11 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: the age resets yes.  Did you hold the sensors on each side?    It looks like it worked for the accels and you have bias of 0.2 so you definitely needed to calibrate them.   Some mpu9255 are factory calibrated but not all, and some have such large biases that they saturate in the +- 2g range, so either a lower range is needed or better to use a different sensor (I throw away ones with more than 0.3 bias)  so yours are ok, but you needed to calibrate them.

It may be your compass sensors are bad or there is interference.  It is difficult to say without the plot.   Your biases are still all zero so it didn't calibrate.   The plot is portable python but I have only run this under linux maybe it can run on windows.   I do not use the windows operating system since windows 98 back in 1999.

The new tinypilot image has improved calibration and it may succeed, however, the opencpn pypilot plugin needs to be recompiled.   I suggest you try with openplotter so you can use the calibration plot.

Yes I hold the sensor each 6 side. 

I ordered a Raspberry Pi 4 and have to wait for it to arrive. Then I can use openplotter.

I also ordered more MPU-9250 boards. Can I use ICM-20948 directly? I looked for no difference other than the I/O voltage(?) Needs voltage level translator like TXS0108E. https://invensense.tdk.com/wp-content/up...-20948.pdf
I ordered one also for testing. I don't think you can use it until the software supports it.