This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterproof MFD control head
Hi,

I've been using Openplotter for a couple of years now. Mainly down at my nav station but sometimes using an Android tablet as a RDP client and sometimes using OpenCpn on the tablet being fed by KPlex... I also spent a while play6ing with a fuel sensor for my tank (the original one is broken). All good stuff. Lately, my old Autohelm ST4000+ autopilot has given a lot of trouble and I want to use PyPilot. I know it's shipped with Openplotter. I have the ST4000 head using mounted by the helm station. If I remove it I'm left with a hole so I was thinking I might be able to replace the ST4000 unit with something that would occupy the space to control the PyPilot. 
Does anyone know of something that's
  1. Waterproof
  2. Programmable
  3. Similar for factor to Autohelm controls.
I even considered using a Raymarine Evolution P70s and interfacing the PyPilot with it until I discovered they are about 400+ euros each.