This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SKfilter and NMEA0183 out
You are right, I was not very specific in my question. I'll put you in the background. I used a Seatalk to NMEA converter from yaktbiz before. Then I filtered the wrong NMEA sentence into the signal k server connection input.

Now I have gone on to enter the Seatalk data directly into signal k without first converting it to NMEA. The system works much better except for the fact that I don't see how I can silence the incorrect sentence at the signal k level... even using the signal k filtering tool is too much like an alchemical tool for me. I suppose this is because I have very superficial or almost no knowledge of how the signal k protocol works internally.

However we have to take into account that there are many users like me who use signal k in user mode and not in developer mode and I don't know if they could also solve a problem like this.

Let's suppose that I want to completely silence the sentence that shows the atmospheric pressure data. 

[Image: HWITfSd.png]

How should I continue? Do you have any ideas? Did you do it using this tool?

Edit to ADD:

Oh wow! 
Just as I was writing to you I thought of a way. I didn't find it intuitive but I figured the option to consider is

its false

[Image: A7VJvxX.png]

I would have preferred something more explanatory such as overriding or blocking, but well. It worked. You can ignore my question.

Thank you.