This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New pypilot hat
Hello Sean,

From the code I can't quite figure out the connections on the new Pypilot hat and the Arduino.
I appreciate you're busy with other projects , but will a schematic become available soon?

Thanks,
the new hat is designed to fit in the enclosure so doesn't stack neatly on top of the pi.

I'm looking to make a different version to stack on the pi once this one is tested. I'll try to put up schematics tomorrow.
Hello sean
Congratulations on your fabulous work and on your patience.
I'm waiting for your next evolution of the OpenCpn plugin to be able to calibrate my IMU before installing the autopilot on board.
In the meantime, I would like to connect a 433MHz RF receiver to the Raspberry. I saw that the web application already allows to configure the buttons. But to which port of the raspberry should we connect the DATA output of the RF receiver? Can we directly connect the TTL output to the port?
you must connect arduino to spi pins of raspberry and rf receiver data output to arduino.

if raspberry tries to read directly in software many packets are dropped, but arduino doesn't miss them. Maybe it could work better with a kernel module but I use raspberry. This also supports another serial port for nmea as well as IR remotes don't need special programming anymore