This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alpha tinypilot image
No idea why signalk uses radians and meters/s when it's target audience always uses degrees and knots, but I need to convert units here.. At least very easy to fix.
Small request:
Could you add a file /etc/os-release?

Ideally it should state the tinycorelinux/tinypilot version and the pypilot version.
The location and format don't really matter to me, but something like used on Raspbian might be preferred.

When tracking bugs it makes communication somewhat easier.

I uploaded the alpha image for a test setup and most functionality seems to work (including the uplink to signalk for export of rudder angle and heading).
Is there a way to see if the wind is correctly imported from signalk?

I thought pypilot_nmea was used for that purpose but it does not seem to be present.

I see the steering.rudderAngle (RSA) is still visible in SignalK, however the data is not updated when using the alpha image.
Good idea to add the os-release, I will do this in the future.

There are a few different cases to verify. It seems like the alpha image doesn't read wind/gps from serial ports so I need to
fix that, and I am not sure if it gets wind from signalk, it should but it's not well tested. Of course the units are also all wrong so I need to fix all of this, but I've been busy building an electric outboard and mppt solar controller... so in a few days.

There should be no longer any need to convert the pypilot nmea back to signalk in the future.
I tried to run the image on a Pi4, but it will not boot.
Is it only for Pi Zero ?
tinypilot so far doesn't support the pi4 but pi 0-3 work