This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio output
Hi everyone.

My problem is getting Audio output to my speakers via either BT or the stereo-audio otput (headphones).
I've found no way to get this working.
I've tried the settings in sudo raspi-config / advanced, but no success.
Audio output on the settings panel in Open CPN refers to "unknown 0".

Audio output via HDMI seem to be working OK (but I don't have HDMI in my boat)

Please help

Best regards
Peter

Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB
OpenCPN 5.2.0
I use Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite to play music from my RPI. I got Bluetooth working reliably using these instructions:

https://github.com/oweitman/squeezelite-bluetooth

You can probably use parts of this to get your Bluetooth working as well.

Full disclosure - I ended up removing these modifications because they conflicted with my Bluetooth connection to my Calypso BLE wind transducer. When I had them installed they worked very reliably with good audio quality.
(2020-09-14, 03:29 PM)abarrow Wrote: I use Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite to play music from my RPI. I got Bluetooth working reliably using these instructions:

https://github.com/oweitman/squeezelite-bluetooth

You can probably use parts of this to get your Bluetooth working as well.

Full disclosure - I ended up removing these modifications because they conflicted with my Bluetooth connection to my Calypso BLE wind transducer. When I had them installed they worked very reliably with good audio quality.

Great,
Looks a bit complicated  Huh
I'll give it a try from my backup card.

My Raspberry identifies and connects to my BT speaker from the BT menu... BUT... No sound!!!
The sound seems to lock on to the HDMI regardless of my config setting
Sorry!!
I forgot to mention.....
I'm running my Pi OpenCPN Headless on an iPad

Maybe important for problem solution....

Cheers
Peter
i use the following, it creates an AirPlay Device, you can stream Music from iPad or iPhone to the Raspberry Port.
It works very well, if you use the little 3,5 mm Cables to your active Speakers. Works with WiFi, so you don´t have
to use your Bluetooth.

sudo apt-get install shairport-sync

keep on, Holger
(2020-09-15, 01:17 PM)holgerw Wrote: i use the following, it creates an AirPlay Device, you can stream Music from iPad or iPhone to the Raspberry Port.
It works very well, if you use the little 3,5 mm Cables to your active Speakers. Works with WiFi, so you don´t have
to use your Bluetooth.

sudo apt-get install shairport-sync

keep on, Holger

Thanks Holger.
I'll give my best shot  Idea

Peter
Problem solved!
I just made a fresh install, and everything works perfectly.
(Must have gotten some corrupt files in som update)