This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot added to existing NMEA 0183 nav instruments
hmm.... Maybe the regular controller works, for a while, but could eventually overheat.

I used to supply a controller with much higher power output in a metal enclosure but this took up all of my time assembling these so I discontinued it. It was not feasible to produce in quantity and since then I have lost at least 5-6 orders (but I need to sleep)

I have ordered prototypes for a high power controller to replace it. The quality is not the same but hopefully it will do the job and I will be able to make a lot of them. I expect to receive them in a few weeks and if they manage to supply 20 amps continuous without increasing in temperature more than 10C in a steady state, they will pass the requirement, otherwise I have to modify the design and try again. These also have switching regulators to hopefully drop the 15ma standby current down to 3-4 milliamps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pypilot added to existing NMEA 0183 nav instruments - by seandepagnier - 2020-09-16, 01:05 AM