This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reinforced motor controller
Hello Sean,

To drive an LS RV2 hydraulic motor, I intended to buy your reinforced controller from pypilot store, but I can't find it on the site anymore !.
Have you withdrawn it from sale or are you preparing an improved version?
Thank you for your answer and your advice to drive a motor that can consume up to 25A.
Cordially.
The hydraulic controller took up all of my time assembling. I am preparing a lower-cost version for machine assembly and should have prototypes next week. This version is designed for 20 amp continuous duty which covers most hydraulic pumps and large motors. I may make a 30 amp version in the future. Are you sure you really need 25 amps? This is really a lot.

Sean
OK Sean, thank you for your answer: I'm watching the store and will order you as soon as the controller is available.
The LS RV2 pump has a 25A fuse, but given the precautionary margin, I don't think it consumes more than 20A either. See you soon on the store!
cordially
Maybe you can measure the current? I'm getting prototypes next week but I'm not sure I will be able to list those.
Dear Sean,

I cannot measure the actual consumption of the pump, as it is not yet in my possession. The manufacturer suggests placing the protection at 25A, which means that it consumes less than that in peak. So I think if your controller can withstand 20 A, that would be more than enough.
I'm still waiting and the pump and your controller
cordially
In this case, then yes it probably draws 10-15 amps at the most.
Hi Sean,

Do you have any idea when they will be available? I have an old Robertson RPU 100, which will be around 10-15 amps.
I had to modify the prototypes to make them work and I hope to do more testing this week. So I have a few prototypes but next run won't be until november.
Thanks Sean, I appreciate the update! Hopefully next season we have a real D'Epagnier autopilot on board.
(2020-10-06, 01:30 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I had to modify the prototypes to make them work and I hope to do more testing this week.   So I have a few prototypes but next run won't be until november.

Hi Sean,

Did you have any luck with the new motorcontroller?

Kind regards,
Hans