This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tinypilot beta image
I have corrected many problems from the alpha image and have a new beta image ready for testing.   Feedback greatly appreciated:

https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_2020_09_30.img.xz
(2020-10-01, 04:02 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I have corrected many problems from the alpha image and have a new beta image ready for testing.   Feedback greatly appreciated:

https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_2020_09_30.img.xz

Will this image talk to OpenCPN pypilot plugin?
it talks to the latest plugin included and installed in opencpn yes
Too bad I can't get to test it. I live so far north that the boat had to dock for the winter.
Thanks Sean, I spent a bit of time with this today.
A few things

Using TP as Access Point,
Signal K shows an access request, once I change to read/write and allow, TP connects and creates a connection
OpenCPN shows data being received in dashboard
Pypilot .10 plugin still does not connect.

Using TP as client...
TP reports no wifi detected in the wifi settings menu and I need to rewrite the image onto the sd card in order to fix this. I attempted this about 6 times with the same result. I am unable to switch back to Access point using the remote.

Thank you
as a client you have to specify the correct ssid and key.. How did you change it to client mode?

Are you sure the remote won't switch back even if you select defaults?

You can also edit the networking file instead of rewriting the image.

Sean
(2020-10-02, 07:52 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: as a client you have to specify the correct ssid and key..   How did you change it to client mode?

Are you sure the remote won't switch back even if you select defaults?

You can also edit the networking file instead of rewriting the image.

Sean

Yes I used the webapp to switch to Client mode and specified the correct ssid and key
defaults is not showing up in that menu it just states no wifi detected

I also edited the networking file but I am not sure exactly how it should look. 
The SSID and key were correct in the network.txt but I am not sure what the settings above should say. Currently at the top of the file it says SSID pypilot and then below that it says managed. 

Then the client ssid and key and static IP address are listed.

But the biggest issue is even leaving TP as the AP and connecting OP2 to the TP wifi access point, Opencpn pypilot plugin is not connecting
In the lcd menu with remote, it's possible to get to a WIFI menu where you can toggle ap mode on and off, and also set defaults. It is not possible to enter an essid or key from the lcd menu.

This should at least make it possible to set the default again to access point pypilot so you can connect with the web and change the network more if needed. I'll try some more tests tomorrow.

To get the plugin working you need to upgrade it to pypilot plugin 0.22 It should be included in opencpn plugin manager and possible to upgrade from within opencpn.
(2020-10-03, 12:34 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: In the lcd menu with remote, it's possible to get to a WIFI menu where you can toggle ap mode on and off, and also set defaults.   It is not possible to enter an essid or key from the lcd menu.

This should at least make it possible to set the default again to access point pypilot so you can connect with the web and change the network more if needed.  I'll try some more tests tomorrow.

To get the plugin working you need to upgrade it to pypilot plugin 0.22   It should be included in opencpn plugin manager and possible to upgrade from within opencpn.

Okay here are my steps.
using the webapp I change the wifi from AP to client, set the wifi ssid and the key, then reboot the TP <--- this does not end up connecting to OP
then using the remote and the lcd i go into settings, control, wifi, the message on the screen says no wifi connection... there are no other options to set back to default or change anything... just the msg.

I updated the opencpn installer/plugin manager today, it is still only offering the old version I think its .05? there is no .22 offered.
i'm going to play with the wifi extensively tomorrow. Are you using opencpn 5.2? Did you install the plugin from within opencpn?