This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Moitessier Hat and signal K not connecting consistently
(2022-09-08, 08:38 AM)nebosa Wrote: I too have a similar problem.
RP4 (8GB), Moitessier Hat 2, MCS
Sometimes I don't have GPS in OpenCPN. Sometimes very quickly, sometimes it takes a little longer until I get the signal displayed.
Strange:
If I have a GPS signal and go to the Dashboard settings in OpenCPN and set something there under Plugins - Dashboard, OpenCPN loses the GPS connection and does not establish it anymore.
However, the Moitessier Hat 2 still provides GPS according to the flashing LED on the board. At this point in time, I still have GPS data in AVnav.

I need help Smile

I have a similar Issue with same Hardware as you, running latest Open CPN version, but still OP 2.X. To me it happens when I configure whatever in Open CPN or in Open Plotter. I solve it restarting the Signal K server via web.

Until some sails ago, I hadn´t used any dashboard based in SignalK, now using MXtommy KIP; which is lovely, however ( I have to investigate further) some data is absolutely inconsistent , like for instance SOG  or AWA (relies on SOG) , it goes on his own, not like a lag, just inaccurate readings.

Any clues?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moitessier Hat and signal K not connecting consistently - by aitonos - 2022-11-27, 08:44 PM