This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Server 1.35 with Source Priorities
SK server 1.35 (1.35.1 to be exact) is available with a new feature for managing multiple sources for the same data: source priorities.

https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...ag/v1.35.0

Server / Connections page has an additional component where you can configure priorities and timeouts per source. See the embedded explanation there or server readme for a short explanation.

I'd be interested to hear from the people for whom this is relevant - how does it serve you? Room for improvement? Here or Slack, Slack is quicker.
Well, I was having problems with magnetic heading data from two different sources. One from the Seatalk and Raymarine compass connection and the other from HAT Moitessier. Thanks to this new function I can easily choose which of the two magnetic heading sources has priority. For me this is a great advance.

Big thanks.
I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I'm pretty sure it will solve my problems as well - ie doubled up inputs from Raymarine etc

Thanks tkurki Smile
Hello TKurki,

Interesting. But with a new install of the SignalK server. I see no longer an option for nmea183 input. Is this an error ?

Or do I need additional settings. It seems only for NMEA2K.

Bram
(2020-10-14, 07:17 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hello TKurki,

Interesting. But with a new install of the SignalK server. I see no longer an option for nmea183 input. Is this an error ?

Bram

I don't know what you are talking about - "no longer an option for nmea0183 input"?

Are you confusing Source Priorities (last item under Data Connections, scroll all the way down) with NMEA2000 filtering (under a specific NMEA 2000 connection)?
(2020-10-14, 09:06 PM)tkurki Wrote:
(2020-10-14, 07:17 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hello TKurki,

Bram

I don't know what you are talking about - "no longer an option for nmea0183 input"?

Are you confusing Source Priorities (last item under Data Connections, scroll all the way down) with NMEA2000 filtering (under a specific NMEA 2000 connection)?

It is version 1.35,1. If I go to data connections and like to add my serial nmea183 gps. Then only NMEA2K is available. No way to install nmea183 items.

Reinstalled SignalK server several times, but no result. MXTommy/Kip was not installable. Changes in NPM ? Kernel version is 5.8.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-10-14, 09:44 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: It is version 1.35,1. If I go to data connections and like to add my serial nmea183 gps. Then only NMEA2K is available. No way to install nmea183 items.

Works for me on 1.135.1.

[Image: 96087233-388fd680-0ecc-11eb-8da7-5b2b3a604e1c.png]
For me is working OK too. No problem at all.
Sorry for the onconvinience But the data type was always off the screen. So the only option I saw was NMEA2K. Tried it several times. But always the data format was not on the screen. And I always scroll to the bottom to fill in the missing parts. Never to the top of the screen.
Problem was too simple for me.

Bram
Just want to know if I've done this correctly please.

I only want input from gps - doubled/tripled up info from can (Chartplotter) is slowing down SK