This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Server 1.35 with Source Priorities
I must be doing something wrong because I am still getting info from up to 4 different sources even though I have prioritized them - I think!!

Am I prioritizing these sources correctly? I don't want info from can.0 or can.1.

See example navigation.position

Also, in these pics, the chartplotter (can) has not been on since mid day yesterday.

(2020-10-10, 07:48 PM)tkurki Wrote: Server / Connections page has an additional component where you can configure priorities and timeouts per source. See the embedded explanation there or server readme for a short explanation.

I'd be interested to hear from the people for whom this is relevant - how does it serve you? Room for improvement? Here or Slack, Slack is quicker.

I can't get it working!!

Room for improvement might be for better instructions.

I don't even know what Slack is!!
Your timeouts are very small - they are in milliseconds, so try something in the order of 1000 or so.

Restart the server after setting them, this applies only to incoming data, not data from the past.

Docs can always be improved. Once it is working maybe you can contribute some improvements - what would have helped you?

If you don’t know something most people try Google instead of shouting. Works much better and quicker. The very first hit for ”signal k slack”.
Thanks for that tkurki. Smile

I would love to help in any way possible - trouble is I don't think I am clever enough!!