This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] WiFi AP control
Observation:
in OP 0.8.0beta control Wifi AP tab when pushing Refresh the pulldown settings in APwifi device and internet connection to share are not refreshed.

workaround is to close OP and start again
The "Refresh" button in WiFi AP tab is intended just to refresh the address list because sometimes when you set or unset the AP that takes a time. Adding the extra task to refresh the settings fields would involve stopping AP and read wifi and "to share" connections again.

I don't think this is a bug but a concept issue. If you want to add this feature we should add another refresh button and keep the current one for the task that it has at this moment. And that would involve doing the same for others tabs (SDR, I2C...). Do you think it is worth it?
(2016-04-03, 12:19 PM)Sailoog Wrote: The "Refresh" button in WiFi AP tab is intended just to refresh the address list because sometimes when you set or unset the AP that takes a time. Adding the extra task to refresh the settings fields would involve stopping AP and read wifi and "to share" connections again.

I don't think this is a bug but a concept issue. If you want to add this feature we should add another refresh button and keep the current one for the task that it has at this moment. And that would involve doing the same for others tabs (SDR, I2C...). Do you think it is worth it?

Thats why I called it observation (not bug) 
I understand your argument, maybe the solution could be:
- set an internal flag when refresh-button is pressed 
- on selecting the drop-down list refresh list only when internal flag is set.

other solution could be to have refresh button only in right frame not on overall frame

anyhow, its not so important! - just an observation Smile
there appears to be some issue with the Wifi AP setting.
When I disable AP and change the SSID to another name (in my case from OpenPlotter to shipLAN) , then enable AP again everything looks fine, refresh is fine BUT when I reboot the old SSID is used and shown!

Miraculously in the Network Connections under WiFI the new name is shown but as "last Used = never" 

Observations:
- I did not change any connections when rebooting but I noticed that the reboot holds-on for some seconds before continuing, similar to some conflict handling.
- I tested with internet connection sharing set to none/wlan0 and eth0 - made no difference.
- could only set value to wlan1 when wlan tongle was inserted - would like to just hotplug-in a wlan tongle already configured as wlan1 with fixed IP connecting to my hub.
- since I rebooted without the wlan1 inserted I observed the issue with the undesired naming reset.

Are there any config files which I need to delete? 

Thanks for advise.

(2016-04-04, 10:12 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: there appears to be some issue with the Wifi AP setting.
When I disable AP and change the SSID to another name (in my case from OpenPlotter to shipLAN) , then enable AP again everything looks fine, refresh is fine BUT when I reboot the old SSID is used and shown!

Miraculously in the Network Connections under WiFI the new name is shown but as "last Used = never" 

Observations:
- I did not change any connections when rebooting but I noticed that the reboot holds-on for some seconds before continuing, similar to some conflict handling.
- I tested with internet connection sharing set to none/wlan0 and eth0 - made no difference.
- could only set value to wlan1 when wlan tongle was inserted - would like to just hotplug-in a wlan tongle already configured as wlan1 with fixed IP connecting to my hub.
- since I rebooted without the wlan1 inserted I observed the issue with the undesired naming reset.

Are there any config files which I need to delete? 

Thanks for advise.

did some further testing and have found the bug: config.txt file does not get updated with new AP settings.
workaround when changing AP SSID is therefore to manually change the config.txt entries.

BTW could you please add in config.txt also a setting for i/n connection share to enable what I was describing above.
That behaviour that you have noticed was implemented intentionally because when you set an AP from OpenPlotter GUI, things may not going as expected and even if no error is raised, the AP could not work due to multiple factors. So we decided to keep the config.txt priority for having always a way to back to a working point. I remember having a hard thinking about this and finally we decided to do it this way but you are right it makes not sense Smile

Instead of copying the new settings from openplotter.conf to config.txt I think we could set back config.txt to defaults when a new settings is done from openplotter GUI:

#ssid=OpenPlotter
#pass=12345678

and add the new default setting.

#share=eth0

Thanks!!