This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD GRAPHIC 84X48 NOKIA 5110
some nokia have different pinouts on their board, so you need to rewire it according to how it is labeled. A lot are defective as well.
Thanks , guys, I tried Capt Kernals suggestions and got nothing except the LEDs came on when I connect them directly to vcc.
So I tried the 2nd one and that one did not work either. The only response I get is if I jump LED to vcc the leds flash... seems strange, they don't go completely out, they just flash bright and then dim. Nothing appears on the screen...
I think I will try ordering the JLX12864 type of screen that is a bit wider. I am just hesitant as I am unsure of how to edit the files to make it work.. or if I need to order an eeprom or not..
(2020-10-23, 09:33 PM)rastam4n Wrote: Thanks , guys, I tried Capt Kernals suggestions and got nothing except the LEDs came on when I connect them directly to vcc.
So I tried the 2nd one and that one did not work either. The only response I get is if I jump LED to vcc the leds flash... seems strange, they don't go completely out, they just flash bright and then dim. Nothing appears on the screen...
I think I will try ordering the JLX12864 type of screen that is a bit wider. I am just hesitant as I am unsure of how to edit the files to make it work.. or if I need to order an eeprom or not..

I had a display that needed the contrast set really high to see anything on it.
It's in another thread:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2818