This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather and Tinypilot Connections
Hello all,

I purchased a TinyPilot computer (with zero w) and a weather sensor computer from Sean last year (weather computer even earlier) and I am finally installing everything.  I have a Rasberry Pi 3+ with OpenPlotter, as well.

I cannot find any info about the sensor computer.  It has a USB Mini connector and a Telephone jack connector.  The Davis connector would obviously go into the telephone connector, but I don't know where the USB cable goes.  Is it to the Pi or the TinyPilot?  The TinyPilot has a USB cable from the Pi to the power in connector and a second USB that I don't have attached to anything.  Does it go to the weather computer? 

If the cable is connected between the weather computer and the TinyPilot, is the weather data also passed on to the OpenPlotter Pi computer?  Same question applies to the IMU data?  I originally had an IMU connected to the OpenPlotter computer but I have removed them due to conflicts in the past.  I hope all this data gets passed on so it can be put on a dashboard in OpenPlotter.
Hi,

I advise you to read the workbook carefully to get a lot of useful information. There are pages on tinypilot and photos of the connections.

https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki
You can attach the weather sensors directly to the tinypilot, or another machine which relays the data to the tinypilot. Either way it is possible to forward the data in either direction.