This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OpenPlotter GPIO app available
You can play with both suggestions but do not forget to remove changes when the new revision is published. You will not need neither physical resistors (maybe only the 100 ohms suggested by holgerw but it is not required) nor editing the config.txt file.
(2021-05-21, 08:37 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You can play with both suggestions but do not forget to remove changes when the new revision is published. You will not need neither physical resistors (maybe only the 100 ohms suggested by holgerw but it is not required) nor editing the config.txt file.

Thanks for the replies but not being very confident with inserting resistors I'll wait for the revision.

This is just something to make life/sailing a little easier along with the whole OpenPlotter project. Many thanks to all the developers.
Done. A new version has been published with corrections.

We have also added the first draft for GPIO app to docs with the secrets about pull resistors revealed:

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...o_app.html

Test reports will be appreciated.
(2021-05-23, 01:22 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Done. A new version has been published with corrections.

We have also added the first draft for GPIO app to docs with the secrets about pull resistors revealed:

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...o_app.html

document write up looked good.

I wrote up some notes on the ST1 process, I will submit a pull request
(2021-05-20, 08:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: New version of OpenPlotter GPIO app available. We go from alpha to beta.

We have fixed the SSL issue and now you can send data from this app to a local SSL Signal K server.

Sorry for taking time to reply. Works fine with SSL. Thank you.
thanks for reporting!
(2021-05-23, 01:22 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Done. A new version has been published with corrections.

If SK is re booted the Digital SK keys for the sensors will not re start on their own.

I need to pretend to Edit one sensor & then they start.
(2021-06-08, 10:52 PM)Lazzz Wrote:

If SK is re booted the Digital SK keys for the sensors will not re start on their own.

I need to pretend to Edit one sensor & then they start.

I am afraid that is the expected behavior but you do not need to pretend to edit one sensor. After a SK reset when the server is up again the sensor estate will be published only if the state has been changed when the server was down. When the server is up again any change of sensor state will be published too without  editing any setting. If you are experimenting something different that is a bug.

We do not want to send the sensors state every microsecond to the server, just once when the state has changed and this is the minor side effect we have to deal with. Normally you do not reset the server, only when modifying some settings.

does this make sense for you?
(2021-06-09, 08:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I am afraid that is the expected behavior but you do not need to pretend to edit one sensor. After a SK reset when the server is up again the sensor estate will be published only if the state has been changed when the server was down. When the server is up again any change of sensor state will be published too without  editing any setting. If you are experimenting something different that is a bug.

We do not want to send the sensors state every microsecond to the server, just once when the state has changed and this is the minor side effect we have to deal with. Normally you do not reset the server, only when modifying some settings.

does this make sense for you?

It sure does thank you.

It isn't a drama, I just didn't know if it was working correctly. I also didn't give it time for any sensors to change state before editing the sensor.

Thanks again for your time & effort!! Smile
I'm not yet into GPIO sensor, but am headed that way. Had a look at the app. Found that everytime I reboot the Pi, it asks me to confirm it in the Setting/Devices pane. Once I give it read/write privileges, its fine until I reboot the Pi again.