This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OpenPlotter GPIO app available
(2021-03-07, 05:52 PM)holgerw Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 03:39 PM)ericdew Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 08:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: there is a quick fix:

Edit this file with sudo permissions: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpio.py
in line 375 replace:

Code:
type_name
by

Code:
type.name
and it should work

Hello, I got same issue since last update.
I cannot understand how you change the permissions (Edit this file with sudo permissionsSmile
Could you help me please ?

sudo nano /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpio.py

Thank you very much
New alpha version 2.2.0 of openplotter-gpio app.

Chengelog:

- Easier Seatalk 1 configuration (removed pigpio setting)
- Fix 1W errors
- Improve 1W debugging:

-Add pulses:

What can we do with pulses?

Using reed switches on any object with circular motion you will be able to measure revolutions, speed and distance. Some examples:
  • Wind speed
  • Motor revolutions (RPM)
  • Dropped anchor chain length
You can set Signal K keys for any of the available magnitudes:

Setting a Signal k key for "Reset" will set revolution counter and distance to 0 when that Signal k key is "true".

We will add fluid measurement if requested.

Pulses introduces the concept of remote GPIOs. You can control the GPIOs of any Raspberry running pigpio and connected to the same network.

Digital sensors management coming soon.

Test and report please
Hello everyone and congratulations for this wonderful project.

If SSL is enabled in the Signal K installer, at startup when it does the check system a certificate error occurs and the service does not start.

↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=3443): Max retries exceeded with url: /signalk/v1/access/requests (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))))))

Is it not possible to make it work with SSL enabled?

Thank you very much for your help
(2021-03-22, 06:33 PM)farrucho Wrote: Hello everyone and congratulations for this wonderful project.

If SSL is enabled in the Signal K installer, at startup when it does the check system a certificate error occurs and the service does not start.

↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=3443): Max retries exceeded with url: /signalk/v1/access/requests (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))))))

Is it not possible to make it work with SSL enabled?

Thank you very much for your help

honestly I have not checked SSL connections yet. Do you have a valid certificate? I think I could try disabling SSL verification
(2021-03-22, 09:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: honestly I have not checked SSL connections yet. Do you have a valid certificate? I think I could try disabling SSL verification

Yes, the certificate is valid.
Disabling SSL is the way to get everything working again.
I will wait for next updates.
Thank you very much Sailoog
New version of OpenPlotter GPIO app available. We go from alpha to beta.

The "Digital" feature has been added and now you can set digital switches in any GPIO. This feature will be specially valuable when we publish the first version of OpenPlotter IoT app where you will be able to set actions for these switches.

We have fixed the SSL issue and now you can send data from this app to a local SSL Signal K server.

Enjoy and report here any bug please.
(2021-03-10, 08:24 PM)Sailoog Wrote: -Add pulses:

Using reed switches on any object with circular motion you will be able to measure revolutions, speed and distance. Some examples:
  • Wind speed

Setting a Signal k key for "Reset" will set revolution counter and distance to 0 when that Signal k key is "true".

Pulses introduces the concept of remote GPIOs. You can control the GPIOs of any Raspberry running pigpio and connected to the same network.

Test and report please

I have just installed a reed switch on my windlass going to a counter and I want to run this through the GPI app as well. I couldn't find anything in the Docs.

The 2 wires from the reed switch go to what on the Pi4?? One will go to a GPIO pin but where does the other go??

I have also just connected my float switch & PIR to the Digital feature with no dramas - can't wait for the IoT app.

Sorry for being a dumbass!! 

TIA Smile
(2021-05-21, 02:17 AM)Lazzz Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 08:24 PM)Sailoog Wrote: -Add pulses:

• Wind speed

Test and report please

I have just installed a reed switch on my windlass going to a counter and I want to run this through the GPI app as well. I couldn't find anything in the Docs.

The 2 wires from the reed switch go to what on the Pi4?? One will go to a GPIO pin but where does the other go??

I have also just connected my float switch & PIR to the Digital feature with no dramas - can't wait for the IoT app.

Sorry for being a dumbass!! 

TIA Smile

Trying to answer your question I have done some tests and I have found some interesting things:

- I have found a bug with pulse devices. When you reset SK server they will stop working. This will be fixed on next version.
- I have done a windlass simulation and I realized that the pulse feature is ready for fast objects like engines and anemometers but it needs some adjustments for slower objects like the windlass to get accurate readings.
- I was always assuming a physical pull resistor for "pulse" sensors and internal pull resistors for "digital" sensors. I think both sensors need both options.

Answering your question. You can connect one wire of your switch to the GPIO of your election and the other one to GND or 3.3v pins (never to 5V pins). But if you do not add a physical pull resistor you will get false readings when the switch is open until I add internal pull resistors to the code.
"But if you do not add a physical pull resistor you will get false readings when the switch is open until I add internal pull resistors to the code."

This should read: one wire to GND, the other serial with 100 ohms (to add sone security) to the GPIO-Pin and 1...10 KOhms (does not matter) from this GPIO to 3.3 Volt. The last Resistor is obsolete when the internal Resistor will be enabled by SAILOOG`S Software-Revision, but it will not disturb even if the internal pullup is active one time in the future.

Holger

(be a little carefull with the GPIO Pins - no statical Electricity is allowed here. So don't touch them tooo often, especial by Cats or other fluffy Things ....)
for the time being could you manually add something to /boot/config.txt or would it be overwritten by the GPIO App?

if the app would not overwrite it, you could use something like:
gpio=20=pu --> 'this would pull GPIO 20 up(actual pin 38)
gpio=20=pd --> 'this would pull GPIO 20 down(actual pin 38)

you would use pull up if the if you connect the other wire to GND and pull down if you connect the other wire to 3.3v - never connect to more than 3.3v