This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waterproof remote control options
(2020-10-29, 02:15 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I have a working wifi remote as well as RF remote so both options are wireless.  The wifi remote needs a lithium battery to recharge and it has an lcd display.  Using wifi it has 2-way communication and so can completely configure the gains and settings and won't miss key presses from transmission loss. I also need to make it waterproof.   I have small solar cells that can also be added to keep the remote charged.  Otherwise it can charge with a usb-c plug.

The RF remote uses 2x aaa batteries and seems like it will last many years on alkaline batteries but no screen and only one way communication.

The challenge with the RF remotes we have been supplied with TinyPilot is they require multiple key presses to have a command register, and sometimes just one, it just not consistent and it's hard to tell whether there is a lag in responding or if the command was not received.
I like the idea of a two-way remote with a screen but I have no need for it to be waterproof. It would be nice if it was but certainly not a requirement. Water resistant would be more than acceptable for my use. I wonder if the waterproof requirement is an obstacle that can be over come at a later date?

Messages In This Thread
RE: waterproof remote control options - by rastam4n - 2020-10-30, 12:43 AM