This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I... get Depth Below Surface?
Looking for DBS, I'm pulling data in off old ST50 devices via NMEA 0183.  I get DBT (depth below transducer) from the ST50, and I can use SK/derived-data to generate DBS...  I just don't have the depth.transducerToKeel anywhere in the flows.  Should I just create that?  (and how?) 

Thanks!
jw
(2020-10-30, 09:01 PM)J-Wizzz Wrote: Looking for DBS, I'm pulling data in off old ST50 devices via NMEA 0183.  I get DBT (depth below transducer) from the ST50, and I can use SK/derived-data to generate DBS...  I just don't have the depth.transducerToKeel anywhere in the flows.  Should I just create that?  (and how?) 

Thanks!
jw

Something to test:
Maybe generate it with "Convert Signal K to NMEA0183" in the sk plugin. There it is possible to insert an Offset.
or try "Signal K to NMEA 2000" plugin, there you are able to choose the sk.input.name.
Also possible: "@signalk/calibration" plugin. 

good luck and report back to us.
(2020-10-31, 02:03 PM)holgerw Wrote: Something to test:

Sorry, these suggestions won't help with this. Conversions from SK to other formats do nothing within the SK data model. But you get high marks for being helpful!

See the SK server FAQ https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-Questions
Yeah, that was it. Exactly the value I needed, right in the FAQ. RTFM. Thank you sir!
Well, I cheated: expanded the faq to include the answer...