This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New I2C sensors supported
We have just published a new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) fixing some errors and adding support for new sensors. It is beta again because some of them has not been tested, please report if you do it. This is the current list:

- ADS1115 (new - tested)
- BME280 (updated - tested)
- BMP280 (new - not tested)
- BMP3XX (new - not tested)
- HTU21D (new - tested)
- MS5607-02BA03 (old - tested)
- INA260 (new - not tested)

We have included a new system to allow customized settings for sensors and now it will be easier adding new ones. Please post here to suggest new sensors.
The new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) seems to have resolved the issue I was having here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....9#pid16699

I ran the new version all day yesterday (including overnight) and the sensors did not disconnect.

Thanks.
perfect. thanks for reporting
(2020-11-02, 07:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have just published a new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) fixing some errors and adding support for new sensors. It is beta again because some of them has not been tested, please report if you do it. This is the current list:

- ADS1115 (new - tested)
- HTU21D (new - tested)

We have included a new system to allow customized settings for sensors and now it will be easier adding new ones. Please post here to suggest new sensors.

It would be great to have the MPU-9250 supported, a 9-axis MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer and a Digital Motion Processor.
(2020-11-09, 07:14 PM)zerze99 Wrote: It would be great to have the MPU-9250 supported, a 9-axis MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer and a Digital Motion Processor.

IMUs are not managed by I2C app, install openplotter-pypilot app, mpu-9250 and others are already supported
(2020-11-02, 07:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have just published a new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) fixing some errors and adding support for new sensors. It is beta again because some of them has not been tested, please report if you do it. This is the current list:

- ADS1115 (new - tested)
- HTU21D (new - tested)

BMP280 tested : pressure : ON; temperature : OK  Wink
Edit : in fact one GY91 assembly, supporting both an MPU 9250 & an environment BMP280 !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

(2020-11-16, 10:53 AM)Didier B Wrote: Edit : in fact one GY91 assembly, supporting both an MPU 9250 & an environment BMP280 !
After a few hours the I2C info (pressure, temperature) disappeared in the OpenCPN dashboard and the line of the corresponding connexion became steady in Signal K Dashboard. On next startup(*) everything appears OK !
Info (of same sensor GY91) dealt by PiPylot (boat attitude) are not affected by this phenomenon.

EDIT (*) not reboot, start up from cold 0V state ... Only info dealt by IICApplication is concerned, info dealt by Pipylot remains displayed . (though both kind of info came from same sensor board on same IIC link !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

A pure Signal K newbie, I gave a look to Server's Log, and I noticed tons of the following : 
Nov 17 16:48:19 signalk-to-influxdb:Error: Attempted to run an influx query without a default database specified or an explicit database provided.
Nov 17 16:48:29 signalk-to-influxdb:Error: Attempted to run an influx query without a default database specified or an explicit database provided.
Etc. (lots of these !)
Could someone with a better understanding inform me about that error : does it matter, does it requires some action, or should I just forget about it ?
I remember I got instructed by the check system to activate the influxdb plugin ...
Cordialement
Didier B

(2020-11-17, 05:02 PM)Didier B Wrote: A pure Signal K newbie, I gave a look to Server's Log, and I noticed tons of the following : 
Nov 17 16:48:19 signalk-to-influxdb:Error: Attempted to run an influx query without a default database specified or an explicit database provided.
Nov 17 16:48:29 signalk-to-influxdb:Error: Attempted to run an influx query without a default database specified or an explicit database provided.
Etc. (lots of these !)
Could someone with a better understanding inform me about that error : does it matter, does it requires some action, or should I just forget about it ?
I remember I got instructed by the check system to activate the influxdb plugin ...

Do you have the signalk-influxdb plugin active but with no database specified?

[Image: puI1cDz.png]
Yes, indeed ! How can I fill this info ? and where do I find it ?

EDIT: I input "boat DB" in the Databse field, and the error stop in the server log !
Cordialement
Didier B