This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New I2C sensors supported
(2020-11-02, 07:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have just published a new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) fixing some errors and adding support for new sensors. It is beta again because some of them has not been tested, please report if you do it. This is the current list:

- ADS1115 (new - tested)
- BME280 (updated - tested)
- BMP280 (new - not tested)
- BMP3XX (new - not tested)
- HTU21D (new - tested)
- MS5607-02BA03 (old - tested)
- INA260 (new - not tested)

We have included a new system to allow customized settings for sensors and now it will be easier adding new ones. Please post here to suggest new sensors.
Can you please add the bmp180 - or tell me how i can install it. thx
(2020-11-02, 07:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have just published a new version of openplotter-i2c (2.2.0) fixing some errors and adding support for new sensors. It is beta again because some of them has not been tested, please report if you do it. This is the current list:

- ADS1115 (new - tested)
- BME280 (updated - tested)
- BMP280 (new - not tested)
- BMP3XX (new - not tested)
- HTU21D (new - tested)
- MS5607-02BA03 (old - tested)
- INA260 (new - not tested)

We have included a new system to allow customized settings for sensors and now it will be easier adding new ones. Please post here to suggest new sensors.

How can i use the bmp180 ?
Hello,
how would I add a BME680 to the OpenPlotter Interface as wel las to the SignalK? I'm new to all that so i have no clue what to do and how to Smile
Thanks for your help
(2021-05-24, 07:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I got the INA260 sensor from jekyllandhyde 2 days ago, thanks! I will make some test ASAP

Hi Sailoog

Did you ever get the INA260 to get imported into SignalK. Shows up in i2c sensors and when configured, it doesn't show up in signalk ?

Thanks

dp
Has anyone got the BME280 to work? I'm using Waveshare's version of the sensor and can use their sample code to see the raw values and function of the sensor but it's not working with SK when I add the connection via the Openplotter I2C app.

Also port 51000 is open for UDP traffic when I make the connection in SK per the I2C app so that is also working but for some reason SK isn't showing any data over the connection.

In the I2C app what is the "sensor settings" menu for? No explanation of that in the documentation.

Any suggestions?
(2022-02-26, 09:13 PM)tYuoAz Wrote: Has anyone got the BME280 to work? I'm using Waveshare's version of the sensor and can use their sample code to see the raw values and function of the sensor but it's not working with SK when I add the connection via the Openplotter I2C app.

Also port 51000 is open for UDP traffic when I make the connection in SK per the I2C app so that is also working but for some reason SK isn't showing any data over the connection.

In the I2C app what is the "sensor settings" menu for? No explanation of that in the documentation.  

Any suggestions?

tYuoAz, 
I believe you are having the same trouble I had with the BME280 and the Openplotter I2C app.  Look at my post below and see if it helps.  

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....1#pid20441

Jay
First of all, sorry for the delay in answering this, we are busy working on OpenPlotter 3:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3878

I am afraid we have to invest efforts in OP3 right now. In that post you will see the OpenPlotter I2C app listed. This app needs to be rewritten and will have many changes. One of the important changes is Signal K connections, we will drop UDP connections and will use websockets to automatically connect sensors to Signal K server. All sensors will also be checked and confirmed.
(2022-02-27, 12:05 PM)Jay_cd33 Wrote:
(2022-02-26, 09:13 PM)tYuoAz Wrote: Has anyone got the BME280 to work? I'm using Waveshare's version of the sensor and can use their sample code to see the raw values and function of the sensor but it's not working with SK when I add the connection via the Openplotter I2C app.

Any suggestions?

tYuoAz, 
I believe you are having the same trouble I had with the BME280 and the Openplotter I2C app.  Look at my post below and see if it helps.  

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....1#pid20441

Jay

Jay, this is exactly what the issue was and resolved it for me! I suspected it was something in this area but didn't devote enough time tracking it down the day I asked about this issue. Thanks for the support!
BMP280
HTU21D 

tested and working fine in my case.
(2022-03-03, 07:54 PM)hrios Wrote: BMP280
HTU21D 

tested and working fine in my case.

BMP388 works fine...