This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS time set wonky
Trouble maintaining an accurate date and time. My hardware setup : garmin GPS sends NMEA 0183 4800 baud data to nav instruments and AIS. Nav instruments send NMEA 0183 4800 data (sentences not included in GPS) to AIS. AIS does multiplexing, and sends 38400 data to RPi, SignalK input via USB.

Date & time will be corrected at boot up just fine. But over time, the hour will advance one!  And the month will subtract one, then two, then three, counting back months until it hits 12, and the year will change... The process occurs over hours, but some reversions to the correct time & date occur. Then the months start rolling back again. Set System Time plugin in use, but I can't determine if it is the cause of the weirdness or the solution. 

Attached: Data Browser in SignalK shows incorrect navigation.datetime

Additionally, if I use the NMEA debug window in OpenCPN, I can see the RMC sentence (the only one to carry date data, AFAIK) and it is correct, even as SignalK navigation.datetime is incorrect.

Attached Files Image(s)

If I manually activate the plugin at the beginning of the day, then immediately deactivate it, the time is correct all day.

Something is wonky with the plugin.