This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Configuration via wifi
Would there be any way of implementing a way of setting up the second network via my phone/tablet and some kind of gui?

For example my pi has two AP's the onboard and an external usb wifi dongle, I have my network setup as my boat name and it connects to my tablet and my phone sending signalK, all works fantastically until I am at a marina and I want to join the marina wifi via the second network, rather than using vnc to connect to the pi and choose the second network and put in the password etc. would it be possible to do it via a web gui using something like thisĀ https://github.com/cjimti/iotwifi

It would be nice to have an app on my phone/tablet to allow me to configure settings on the pi and openplotter.

Just a thought

B
is it always the same network? If so you can create two wpa_supplicant.conf files one for wlan0 and one for wlan1. Then add the credentials for the marina into wlan1 supplicant file like this

network={
ssid="the ssid"
proto=WPA
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="the password"
}