This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem after Signal K update geting Tinypilot connected
(2020-12-30, 05:18 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I will debug... and also to fix pypilot to not crash no matter what signalk sends it...  I pushed a simple change but I have not yet tried out the latest signalk server, so I hope it works with meta now as well as ignore signalk messages it can't understand.

Hi Sean
the "crash" message with signalk on the nokia display is something like "lost server connecion"
save sailing
Andreas
(2020-12-30, 05:18 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I will debug... and also to fix pypilot to not crash no matter what signalk sends it...  I pushed a simple change but I have not yet tried out the latest signalk server, so I hope it works with meta now as well as ignore signalk messages it can't understand.

I also added a try: except: pass around it, but the next problem now arises with missing xte in the signalk synchronisation. Wil report details on that in github. From the signalk community comes the news that these meta messages are indeed new in 1.36, and will be switched off by default in the next release.
Hi Ironman

I think the device sttings in signalk for tinypulot schould allow read/write. And as I saw in your screenshot you have read only.

I dont think that will solve the whole problem, but maybe a part. just give it a try.

Save sailing
Andreas
@xfactor99: I did not realize but this indeed will prevent future problems.

@sean: I downloaded and tested your change against signalk 1.37.4 and it is effective. I reported the signalk-xte issue in github https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/issues/70
I just had to install python3-zeroconf and python3-websocket on a fresh openplotter image to get zeroconf working. I found this hinted at in the logging. You might want to take it up with the openplotter guys. I'm quite sure it was the 2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Headless.img but it might also have been 2020-03-24-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting.img