This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gains.... Need some help lease
Thanks Sean
Power is not a concern as I am running an engine with an alternator that has plenty of power even at idle.
I will make those adjustments to "I"
interesting about the servo gain, so in calm weather you could reduce this and as the wind or waves pick up increase it? I still cannot find where this is located though? Can someone point me in the right direction? Or maybe the name is slightly different?

Yes I can confirm I set my original heading at 100 deg and then increased it to 120. I felt TP was trying to slowly make the course change but for every few degrees of success it would over correct in the opposite way.
The compass has good calibration. I have gone through great pains to create a nice spot for the IMU it is mounted on the ceiling about 24" from the monitor in the video. I have very little interference from anything, and the imu reading and my onboard compass are usually within 10 degs of one another.

I am curious to see what others are using. I wonder if users would be interested in sharing their gain settings to create a chart. We could very quickly start see a range of what works, we could include boat size and type etc.

I think the current basic autopilot gains is fine, I just think we all would benefit if we better understood what each one does and what works for others. To me at least they are somewhat of a black box, and I always regret making adjustments because I can never seem to get it back to where it was.

Messages In This Thread
Gains.... Need some help lease - by rastam4n - 2020-11-14, 11:45 PM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by xfactor99 - 2020-11-15, 12:46 AM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by Andreas29 - 2020-11-15, 09:38 AM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by rastam4n - 2020-11-15, 05:21 PM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by rastam4n - 2020-11-15, 08:42 PM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by Andreas29 - 2020-11-15, 09:07 PM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by rastam4n - 2020-11-15, 11:40 PM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by xfactor99 - 2020-11-16, 08:04 AM
RE: Gains.... Need some help lease - by rastam4n - 2020-11-16, 07:05 PM