This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
LCD Display
Check the schematics:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_schem...ypilot.pdf

the arduino is used for the remote control and other functions, not the display.
(2022-05-31, 10:34 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Check the schematics:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_schem...ypilot.pdf

the arduino is used for the remote control and other functions, not the display.

Many thanks. Something appears now. Running pypilot on a Raspberry pi 4B, the data are displayed on the jlx12864, but without contrast , reading is practically impossible. I have to prove other adjustments, hoping to solve the issue. However the display has been tested indipendentjy and it works properly using the same pins match.
Some tricks are highly appreciated.
Best regards 
Francesco
maybe the contrast setting is just wrong?
(2022-06-02, 12:20 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: maybe the contrast setting is just wrong?

Thank you, Sean, 
I am in doubt that I can’t edit hat.py or lcd.py files. I realized that there are two pypilot files folder , one in pi directory writeble and so editable, and the other in /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pypilot not writable. I suppose the /usr/ files are root files and so I would not be able to edit hat.py and lcd.py files. I don’t know how to edit those files in order to rename driver from ‘default ‘ to ‘jlx12864’ or to adjust lcd contrast value.
Is it there an alternative approach? How to edit root files? 
Best regards
Francesco
it is in the config folder:

~/.pypilot/hat.con