This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
LCD Display

Hi guys,
here is the farder I have gone.

I presume I should include the bcm_host. But I dont know how to do it.

Should this link below fix it?
fbcp-ili9341/dma.cpp at master · juj/fbcp-ili9341 · GitHub

Thanks for the help, and sorry for asking almost every steep. I thought that it was eassier..
you have dug yourself into quite a hole.

Everything is difficult in tinycore because so few packages, so you may have to make your own or install what you need from source to build what you need.
(2021-04-12, 12:43 PM)Huevo Wrote: Hi Huevo,
i think it is easy if you stay with the supported LCD screens, at least until you have the TP working ...
Save sailing and greetings from spain
Andreas

Hi guys,
here is the farder I have gone.

I presume I should include the bcm_host. But I dont know how to do it.

Should this link below fix it?
fbcp-ili9341/dma.cpp at master · juj/fbcp-ili9341 · GitHub

Thanks for the help, and sorry for asking almost every steep. I thought that it was eassier..
thanks you both for your wise pice of advice.

I think I will leave it a side for a time. And taking again in the future...

Fair winds and greetings from Spain as well
I have this same screen working with pypilot display, only using esp32 environment and micropython... I don't think it would be too hard to make it work on the pi, but no real motivation to do it.
Yeah Sean,
probably you are right, it shouldnt be too hard. But in my case, it is my first contact with Raspberry/Arduino´s world. So I see everything a bit difficult.

Just curiosity, I have been checking the files, in github web, ( pypilot/hat / ugfx folder), where I see that most of the PCD8544/JLX12864´s drivers code, that you have written, are there.
So, my question is, if I take these codes like, ugfx.cpp, and I overwrite them with the values to match the ones for the ILI9341 screen. And then I replace these files where ever they should be in the pypilot program in my raspberry. Could it work?? or it is not so simple.

regards
Rather than overwrite a driver, why not add a third one?

yes it can work and is that simple, but my graphics is single byte per pixel gradient rather than RGB, so you will have to convert this in a simple loop and pick a color.
Ok Sean,

may be I wil give another try.
I have already ordered a couple of JLX12864, but I would love to be able to use the ILI9341 that I already have.
I got the  jlx12864 LCD Andreas is using 
Pinout in the schematic is a bit confusing as the LCD has 12 pins.
Apparently pin 1-4 are for a character ROM 
Also the serial data pin is marked SDA which looks like I2C instead of SPI.
To my knowledge the UC1701x controller does not support I2C

As I can't get the display to work, I wonder if the EEPROM is required ( which I don't have yet )
If not, which file should I edit for the JLX/ Nokia selection?

Thanks,
you can try:

pypilot_hat jlx12864

Also editing ~/.pypilot/hat.conf