This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most basic Q: installing - NUC w/ Mint
Investigating the OpenCPN Installer screen further, the "Main Program" was the only item where INSTALL was not greyed out.
Ran installer and crashed or windows just closed before finishing. Now have OpenCPN icon and got this error when launching:

I pasted screen cap here, but only contents text showed up in post.
Error: Failed to inspect the lock file /homegreg/.opencpn/-_opencpn_silock (error 2: no sch file or directory)

Opened OpenCPN again and all is good.

My internet is a LTE modem where I am near the end of my billing cycle and on limited bandwidth which may have timed out a download. Google FI.

Still interested in more sources of documentation.
Now back to the library for internet access to download charts, then start connecting things.
Few hickups getting this far, but exited to be moving forward.

Thanks for everyone's help!
(2020-12-06, 03:31 PM)Les Noble Wrote: Investigating the OpenCPN Installer screen further, the "Main Program" was the only item where INSTALL was not greyed out.
Ran installer  and crashed or windows just closed  before finishing.

Currently most plugins can be installed from OpenCPN but some others still have to be installed the old way and here there is a problem. There are not Focal or Ulyana versions of old plugins. We will report rhis to OpenCPN developers ASAP.

Now have OpenCPN icon and got this error when launching:

I pasted screen cap here, but only contents text showed up in post.
Error: Failed to inspect the lock file /homegreg/.opencpn/-_opencpn_silock (error 2: no sch file or directory)

Opened OpenCPN again and all is good.

Thats is the expected behavior, no problem.

My internet is a LTE modem where I am near the end of my billing cycle and on limited bandwidth which may have timed out a download. Google FI.

Still interested in more sources of documentation.

There is not more documentation sources than the official one but we need help to complete it.

Now back to the library for internet access to download charts, then start connecting things.
Few hickups getting this far, but exited to be moving forward.

Thanks for everyone's help!