This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kplex Configuration
hello all 

I need for my own python application to have some PTY port to catch NMEA data.

So I proceed like that on Kplex manual setting : 

###end of OpenPlotter GUI settings

###Manual settings

[pty]
   name=rend_voiles
   mode=master
   direction=out
   filename=/tmp/virtcom
   baud=4800
   #ofilter=~WIMWV/5:~GPRMC/5:-all
   [pty]
   name=Enr_rend
   mode=master
   direction=out
   filename=/tmp/virtcom1
   baud=4800
   #ofilter=~WIMWV/5:~GPRMC/5:-all

etc.

After I click on restart and Apply Change and Restart again

When I see on /tmp folder : no virtcomx files , and no data in my applications or in Opencpn application

If I click on Diagnostic : I can see the Kplex in data and in the /tmp folder I can see the new virtcomx files.

And all apllications work correctly ...

My question : why it does work just after the Pi initialisation ?

thank you in advance for the answer

Eric D
Does it have to go though a virtual com port? Could python get the data using UDP or a websocket? NMEA already goes out those. Or filter just the message you are interested in and send them using node red?
I think yes it certainely possible , but i copy the pgm and the configuration from my raspi 3. I would like to know why it does work in raspi 4 ....
(2020-11-30, 09:10 PM)Eric D Wrote: I think yes it certainely possible , but i copy the pgm and the configuration from my raspi 3. I would like to know why it does work in raspi 4 ....

No sure, does it work in node red?
sorry i don't use node red, i don't test it.
today just before opening opencpn, I run a "kplex -f .kplex.conf", it works but it's not very "clean" !