This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA2000 alarms - trigger RPi pin and sound alarm
Hi,
there are projects who listen on the CAN bus / NMEA 2000 and will trigger on selected alarm messages and change the state of a pin.  

Since SignalK now digest and display NMEA data I'm missing a module, plugin, application that will trigger on these alarm messages 
and alter a pin on the RPi via a DC solid state  relay sound a nice loud alam horn/buzzer, light etc. 

I have looked for this with limited success, I might have overlooked it, but nevertheless I would like to have this functions present with the RPi.
Building yet another device to connect is possible, but far better to use the already present computer. 

It should be a doable job to intercept these alarm messages and use GPIO to convey the alarm to a pin.

Ole
node red
(2020-11-26, 03:53 PM)jim321 Wrote: node red

While Node-RED probably is the right tool, it's would be nice to have some hints for someone who are not familiar with Node-RED.

It might already bee some schemes out there that do most of what I want to set up a flow for. 

Ole
The future openplotter-iot app does what you need. It turns any GPIO high if you set a signal k notification (Thresholds) for any Signal k key. I am still working on it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1074]