This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi-400 and OpenPlotter
Hey folks!  I just got the brand new Raspberry Pi-400 the other day.  I decided to give OpenPlotter a go, and the pre-built image didn't work.  It initially booted, but died once it got to the desktop.  I did the 'Advanced' method of installation.  So booting it normally and completing the initial install, updating and downloading prerequisites, then installing "openplotter-settings_2.6.2-stable_all.deb" from GitHub.  All of the installs went smoothly from there.  This method is clearly explained on the install page, so nothing novel here.

The Pi-400 is a great form factor.  I've tested a Pi-3 headless, with the 7" touchscreen, and an Ubuntu mini-PC, but I think this will be the winner.  This has the Pi built right into the keyboard.  I've had to drag a keyboard and monitor down to the boat to troubleshoot the others, now this is all in a neat package.  And these new Pi 4's are smoking fast!!

Following seas,

John
s/v Uisge Beatha
ASWII 98k
Galesville, MD
Following seas,

John
s/v Uisge Beatha
ASWII 98k
Galesville, MD
Current openplotter images do not work on the new Pi-400. We will burn new images ASAP.
Done, try and report please: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3149