This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SK2 and failures to upgrade plugins
Hello.  
Not sure if I did something out of order.   

Any new plugins available from the SK appstore are failing to install.    

The SK server has errors such as below: 

I tried renaming the folder as indicated in the log but subsequent attempt fails again with different directory.    Looks like many of such folders have a problem and I hope I don't have to manually rename them all.  

Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr:
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: ERR!
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: code
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: ENOTEMPTY
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! syscall rename
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! path /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/get-intrinsic npm ERR! dest /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/.get-intrinsic-oxTqXrxx
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! errno -39
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rename '/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/get-intrinsic' -> '/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/.get-intrinsic-oxTqXrxx'
Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

Jul 06 10:33:17 stderr: npm ERR! /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2023-07-06T14_32_39_135Z-debug-0.log
I had similar the other day, slightly more involved with a random entry in package.json but lots ENOTEMPTY errors. Emptied the node_modules directory & ran npm install to reinstall everything in package.json which cured it.
(2023-07-06, 06:33 PM)PaddyB Wrote: I had similar the other day, slightly more involved with a random entry in package.json but lots ENOTEMPTY errors.  Emptied the node_modules directory & ran npm install to reinstall everything in package.json which cured it.

Many thanks for your response.  I ended up doing the same on OP3 but I did not run npm install.   My modules somehow reappeared after clearing node_modules folder. 

Best regards