This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for the reply. it seems like what I want to do is relatively straightforward (at least until I get a bit more familiar with things)
I think I will order up a RPi4B and start playing around - got to start somewhere!

Thanks

A couple more questions if you don't mind:

Would you consider something like this (https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/pa1010d-gps-breakout) more suitable than an external GPS puck?. Maybe less power but possibly the cable attachment to a puck allows more flexibility? Or maybe pot it and run a cable anyway....
I am a little unsure about displays. Essentially all I need is a few lines of text, a subset of something like this https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...panel.html
I see there is an official Rpi display but I think that is overkill for my needs. it has to look neat as it will be in view all the time.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 04:05 PM
RE: Newbie - by abarrow - 2020-12-24, 04:47 PM
RE: Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 04:51 PM
RE: Newbie - by PaddyB - 2020-12-24, 05:37 PM
RE: Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 06:38 PM
RE: Newbie - by Techstyle - 2020-12-26, 08:33 PM
RE: Newbie - by abarrow - 2020-12-24, 06:48 PM